Are you interested in the exciting field of Orthodontic assisting? BDG Academy has one of the only Orthodontic Assisting Courses in Nevada. This fast-paced course will teach you how to tie brackets and learn the newest techniques to fix bites and straighten teeth.
Fill out the form below to get more info about the BDG Academy: BDG Dental Assisting School and to schedule your meeting with a medical career specialist.
Become an Orthodontic Assistant
The Orthodontic course can be completed in three consecutive Saturdays and is offered to graduates of the dental assisting training program or anyone with at least two years work experience as a dental assistant that can be verified. Students must also have a high school diploma or a high school equivalence to apply.
A 40 hour externship is also included in the course and allows the student to apply the knowledge learned into a real-world setting.
The program will prepare a student to work as an Orthodontic Assistant.
Length of Program
24 clock hours over 3 Saturdays at 8 hours a day + 40 Hour Externship
Tuition for the 3 Week Introduction to Orthodontic Assisting Course is $1,500 and includes the following:
(1) BDG Academy Scrub Tops and Bottoms
(1) BDG Academy Name Tag at Graduation
Attendants can expect to cover the following material:
- The role of an Orthodontic assistant.
- The different Orthodontic classifications ( Cl l, Cl ll, Cl lll)
- The different areas of Orthodontics; Interventive, Invisalign, traditional braces.
- How to take “records” (Cephlametric and Panoramic x-rays), impressions for study models and intra-oral photos.
- Bracket bonding techniques
- Placement and removal of Arch Wires, Ligature ties, Power chains of various types, coil springs and separators
- Orthodontic Instruments and Materials
- And more: The orthodontic evaluation process, patient education and the Palmer method of charting for Orthodontics
Who Should Apply?
The Introduction to Orthodontic course is offered to graduates of the dental assisting training program or anyone with at least two years work experience as a dental assistant that can be verified. They also must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency.
Individuals applying for the Introduction to Orthodontic course must:
- Have passed BDG Academy’s Dental Assisting Training or have at least two years’ work experience as a dental assistant that can be verified.
- Successfully pass an entrance exam (10 points or higher) and sign a statement of health form.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Present proof of secondary education (high school diploma or an equivalency).
- Interview with an admissions counselor and have a tour of the facility.
About BDG Academy
BDG Academy was developed as a part of BDG Dental Services. BDG Dental Services was started by CEO Dr. David Ting in 2002 with his first dental office in Las Vegas. BDG Dental Services owns and operates 20 Dental Offices in Las Vegas, Southern California and Arizona. BDG Academy was started because we saw an opportunity in more hands-on approach to training. Dental assistants that we hired coming straight out of dental assisting school had very little hands-on experience. Our program emphasizes hands-on training to prepare students for working in a dental office right after graduation. We also offer: