The Introduction to Orthodontic course can be completed in three days and is offered to graduates of the dental assisting training program or anyone with at least two years work experience as a dental assistant that can be verified. They also must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency.
Attendance can expect to cover the following material:
- The different Orthodontic classifications ( Cl l, Cl ll, Cl lll)
- Dynamics of Orthodontics
- The role of an Orthodontic assistant.
- The evaluation process to determine if Orthodontics is needed for a person.
- The different areas of Orthodontics; Interventive, Invisalign, traditional braces.
- Patient education needed to guide the patient in nutrition and oral hygiene.
- The Palmer method of charting for Orthodontics.
- How to take “records” (Cephlametric and Panoramic x-rays) Impressions for study models; Intra-oral photos.
- How to bond brackets.
- How to identify place and remove various Arch Wires.
- Ligature ties- metal or elastic. Placement and removal.
- Power chain- Identify various types. Placement and removal.
- Open and closed Coil- Identify types. Placement and removal.
- Separators- Placement and removal (preparation to seat bands)
- Orthodontic Instruments and Materials
Class Schedule: Students will be required to attend 8 classroom hours, three consecutive Saturdays from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
8:00 am- 9:50 am Class
9:50 am- 10:00 am Break
10:00 am- 12:00pm Class
12:00 pm- 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 pm- 2:50 pm Class
2:50 pm- 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm- 5:00 pm Class
BDG Academy offers employment assistance to graduates, consisting of job lead referrals and job skills development. While assisting in your job search, we make no guarantee, expressed or implied, of future employment. Current law prohibits any school from guaranteeing job placement as an inducement to enroll students. The more flexible a graduate can be regarding initial employment, the easier it is for the school to assist in the placement process.
BDG Academy is located at 6440 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89103. Our facilities comprise of 3,500 square feet of classroom space, lab and clinic practicum operatory. Class size is limited to 10 students per instructor. There are adequate sterilization and x-ray facilities to accommodate students.
Tuition for the 3 Week Introduction to Orthodontic Assisting Course is $1,500 and includes the following:
- (2) BDG Academy Scrub Tops and Bottoms
- (1) BDG Academy Name Tag at Graduation
Requirement for Satisfactory Completion
To graduate a student must complete their program within 12 months of the length of the program and must:
- Successfully completed the courses required in the training program with a minimum of “C”.
- Maintained at least a minimum of 90% attendance
- Completion of Applied Knowledge Form and 40 Hour Externship
Upon completion graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from BDG Academy.