Occupational Objective: The program will prepare a student to work as a Dental Assistant.
Length of Program: 128 clock hours over 11 Saturdays at 8 hours a day + 40 Hour Externship
Program Description: This course of instruction prepares individuals for entry-level jobs as a dental assistant. Graduates may find suitable employment with general dental practices as well as in the offices of dental specialists including Endodontists, Periodontists, Orthodontists, Prosthodontists, Pediatric Dentists and Oral Surgeons.
After successfully completing this program, the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the dental health care delivery system and dental health occupations.
- Describe the legal and ethical responsibilities of the dental health care worker.
- Demonstrate an understanding of general anatomy and physiology and apply wellness and disease concepts.
- Recognize and respond to emergency situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of blood borne diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
- Use dental terminology.
- Identify structures and explain functions and pathologies of dental and general head and neck anatomy.
- Identify principles of microbiology and disease prevention and perform infection control procedures.
- Identify, describe, maintain and utilize dental instruments and equipment.
- Record patient assessment and treatment data.
- Identify the functions of pharmacology and anesthesia as they relate to dentistry
- Identify properties and uses, and manipulate dental materials.
- Perform chairside assisting for general dentistry and specialty procedures.
- Describe principles and perform techniques of preventive dentistry.
- Perform general dental business office procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism as a dental team member in the clinical setting.
Class Schedule: Students will be required to attend 8 classroom hours every Saturday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
8:00 am- 9:50 am Class
9:50 am- 10:00 am Break
10:00 am- 12:00pm Class
12:00 pm- 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 pm- 2:50 pm Class
2:50 pm- 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm- 5:00 pm Class
BDG Academy offers employment assistance to graduates, consisting of job lead referrals and job skills development. While assisting in your job search, we make no guarantee, expressed or implied, of future employment. Current law prohibits any school from guaranteeing job placement as an inducement to enroll students. The more flexible a graduate can be regarding initial employment, the easier it is for the school to assist in the placement process.
BDG Academy is located at 6960 Westcliff Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89145. Our facilities comprise of 3,500 square feet of classroom space, lab and clinic practicum operatory. Class size is limited to 10 students per instructor. There are adequate sterilization and x-ray facilities to accommodate students.
Tuition for the 11 Week Dental Assisting Course is $4,850.00 (12 month payment plan) and includes the following:
- (1) Text Book: Dental Assisting – A Comprehensive Approach – Fourth Edition by Donna J. Phinney and Judy and Judy H. Halstead.
- (1) BDG Academy Scrub Tops and Bottoms
- (1) BDG Academy Name Tag at Graduation
Requirement for Satisfactory Completion
To graduate a student must complete their program within 12 months of the length of the program and must:
- Successfully completed the courses required in the training program with a minimum of “C”.
- Maintained at least a minimum of 90% attendance
- Completion of Applied Knowledge Form and 40 Hour Externship
Upon completion graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from BDG Academy.